ACTIV SPINDLE Programmable Automatic Valve Guide-to-Guide Cylinder Head Machining Center
Pricing from: US$125,000.00 (subject to individual tooling requirements)
All pricing excludes freight, delivery, insurance, installation, commissioning and trainingGet a quote contact us
The Rottler SG10XY ACTIV spindle is mounted on a sphere which allows the UNIPILOT to automatically center with the valve guide centerline while the Workhead is floating on air cushions. Once air floating stops and the Workhead clamps, the UNIPILOT and valve guide centerline are maintained while cutting the valve seat.
- ACTIV SPINDLE – Spherical Pneumatic Automatic Alignment System built into the Spindle for fast location of the pilot into the Valve Guide and Accurate Centering (Patent Pending)
- Air Float Work Head on Intermediate Base Plate
- Heavy Duty Spindle – Diameter 3.150” (80mm) Hardened and Ground with 8” (200mm) of vertical travel.
- Rottler Automatic Tightening and Quick Release Spindle Lock Nut System for One Hand Operation for fitting and removing tooling to and from the spindle – never comes loose!
Gives Best Concentricity
Rottler’s Rigid Precision carbide centering UNIPILOTS are manufactured to less than one tenth (.002mm) tolerance.Combined with the light weight air float Workhead the SG10XYgives perfect centering in the valve guide and the best concentricity of any machine on the market
- ACTIV SPINDLE –
The Centerline of all valve guides in one cylinder head are not always in perfect alignment. The SG10XY has the latest design ACTIV Spindle which has a sphere built inside the spindle which compensates for any misalignment and allows the UNIPILOT tooling system to automatically center with reference to the valve guide centerline while the workhead is floating on air cushions. Once the floating stops and the workhead clamps, the UNIPILOT and valve guide centerline are maintained while the valve seat is cut giving excellent CONCEN. When performing machining operations other than valve seat cutting such as valve seat housing counterboring and valve guide reaming, the spindle is required to be locked vertically. The ACTIV spindle has a pneumatic locking system that locks the spindle sphere rigidly vertically for other types of machining requirements.
- Automatic Guide-to-Guide –
The SG10XY is engeineered to have a very light workhead that floats independently on a base plate allowing precise centering of the pilot in the valve guide. The base plate moves the workhead from guide-to-guide by a precision ball screw and servo motor. The complete assembly clamps with air pressure for rigid machining.
- Quick X Axis Alignment System (Patent Pending) –
This feature is the secret to productive guide-to-guide automatic machining! After the cylinder head is clamped in the fixture, 2 pilots are installed in the outer valve guides and 2 the alignments arms are moved on linear slideways inline with the 2 pilots, at this stage, the complete fixture assembly floats on air and the 2 pilots contact the 2 alignment arms which aligns the valve guides with the X axis movement of the workhead. At this stage, the fixture clamps on the machine table, the 2 pilots are removed and the cylinder head is ready for automatic guide-to-guide machining.
- Variable Speed Servo Spindle Drive –
CNC Servo Spindle Motor Drive controls the final speed and number of revolutions then lifts automatically giving perfect surface finish results – every time!
- Multi Angle Seat Cutting –
Rottler’s Precision CNC Ground Fine Grain Carbide Seat Cutting Inserts are available in many different designs to suit customer requirements: single angle, multi angle or curves and radius shapes are available. All valve seats in a cylinder head are exactly the same and the SG10XY cuts every seat to the same depth.
- Cutting Insert Sharpener –
Machine Mounted diamond wheel tool sharpener for fast, easy sharpening of multi angle cutting inserts.
- Electronic Level and Angle Sensor – Digital Readout on the Touch Screen allows different Cylinder Heads to be leveled quickly and accurately.
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Touch Screen Control using Windows Operating System and Industrial PC with Intel Processor
- Internet connection to the machine computer must be provided.
- Automatic Cycles for Seat Cutting, Housing Boring, Guide Drilling and Reaming, Thread Tapping.
- Programming and Machine Operation thru 15″ (400mm) extra bright touch screen.
- Electronic Hand Wheel for manual operation in .001″ (.01mm) or .010″ (.25mm) increments per Hand Wheel Detent
- Precision Digital Readout, .0001″ (.002mm) Resolution
- On Screen Database to save all specifications, tooling, parts information
- Spindle Travel by Precision Ball Screw & AC Servo Motor – Infinitely Variable
- Vertical Movement – Z Axis – Up and Down – 8″ (205mm)
- Spindle Rotation by AC Servo Motor – Infinitely Variable to 1000 RPM
- Machine Work Head Floats on Air Cushion for Precision Centering
- Machine Work Head moves from in X axis by precision ball screw – 40″(1025mm) Travel
- Spindle Head Tilt – 15 Degrees to left and right
- Heavy Duty Spindle with Inner Precision Angular Contact Bearings supported in Adjustable Outer Bearing
- Rottler R1-30 Taper Automatic Locking and Quick Release Tooling Retention System (patented)
- Tooling Storage Cabinet and Mounting Arm
- Built In Vacuum Tester including Hose, Filter and Pads
- 2 LED Work lights – either side of the spindle giving shadowless view of valve seat area
Conversational Touch Screen Control allows simple programming for many cylinder head machining operations such as Seat Cutting, Housing Boring, Guide Reaming, Drilling, Tapping, and many more functions. No experience required and easy to operate with information saved for future use. Store additional information in the SG10X computer such as specification manuals, machining data, etc.
|SG10XY Machine Specifications||American||Metric|
|Travel – Spindle Nose to Table||19.312″||490mm|
|Spindle – Taper||R30 Quick Change with Automatic Lock|
|Spindle – Diameter||3.15″||80mm|
|Spindle – Rotation Speed||50 to 1000 RPM|
|Spindle – Motor||2 HP||1.5 Kw|
|Valve Seat Diameter Range||0.550″-3.150″||14-80mm|
|Cylinder Head Dimensions (with 360 degree rollover fixture)||44L x 12W x 6H”||1120L x 304W x 150Hmm|
|Cylinder Head Dimensions (with Parallels)||UnlimitedL x 16W x 5H”||UnlimitedL x 406W x 125Hmm|
|Spindle Travel/Stroke Vertical||7.100″||180mm|
|Workhead Travel Horizontal – Airfloat/Airclamp||43.5″||1105mm|
|Workhead Travel In/Out – Airfloat/Airclamp||3.065″||78mm|
|Workhead Tilt (either side of vertical zero)||15 Degrees|
|Dimensions – Machine||53D x 84W x 74″ H||1346D x 2134W x 1880mm H|
|Dimensions – Shipping||42D x 87W x 89″ H||1067D x 2210W x 2261mm H|
|Machine Weight||3600 lbs||1633 kg|
|Electrical Requirements||208-240V, 30A, 50/60Hz, 1 Ph||208-240V, 30A, 50/60Hz, 1Ph|
|Air Requirements||cfm @ 90 psi||l/min @ 6 bar|
|Paint Color Code||RAL9002 (Grey White)|