MANUALMATIC ACTIVE SPINDLE Cylinder Head Valve Seat and Guide Machine Utilizing UNIPILOT Carbide Centering Pilots
Pricing from: US$44,000.00 (subject to individual tooling requirements)
All pricing excludes freight, delivery, insurance, installation, commissioning and trainingGet a quote contact us
SG9MTS MANUALMATIC Touch Screen Control Seat & Guide Machine
The SG9MTS uses the proven patented UNIPILOT tooling system.The machine have 2 modes of operation:
- MANUALMATIC – a brand new concept has been added to these machines which should increase productivity by 30-50%. During seat cutting, the operator does not have to operate any buttons or switches, simply turn the spindle feed steering wheel up and down and the control takes care of all the functions like workhead float/clamp, pilot centering in the valve guide and spindle on/off. When depth of seat is reached, the control automatically changes spindle RPM to high/finish speed to give equal depth of every seat and consistent surface finish results.
- MANUAL – the buttons on touch screen are the same as the previous SGM machines. There is no external dial gage, the spindle vertical position is displayed on the touch screen. Simply feed the spindle down until the cutting insert touches the valve seat, touch set zero button and then the digital display will show exactly where the spindle is at all times. The change from low to high/finishing speed is easier as there are 2 separate buttons. The foot pedal for clamp and float of workhead has been eliminated and now controlled on touch screen for manual and automatically for MANUALMATIC.The Rottler SG9MTS spindle is mounted on a sphere which allows the UNIPILOT to automatically center with the valve guide centerline while the Workhead is floating on air cushions. Once air floating stops and the Workhead clamps, the UNIPILOT and valve guide centerline are maintained while cutting the valve seat.
- ACTIVE SPINDLE – Spherical Pneumatic Automatic Alignment System built into the Spindle for fast location of the pilot into the Valve Guide and Accurate Centering (Patent Pending)
- Air Float Work Head
- Heavy Duty Spindle – Diameter 3.150” (80mm) Hardened and Ground with 8” (200mm) of hand wheel vertical travel.
- Rottler Automatic Tightening and Quick Release Spindle Lock Nut System for One Hand Operation for fitting and removing tooling to and from the spindle – never comes loose!
Gives Best ConcentricityRottler’s Rigid Precision carbide centering UNIPILOTS are manufactured to less than one tenth (.002mm) tolerance.Combined with the light weight air float Workhead the SG9MTS gives perfect centering in the valve guide and the best concentricity of any machine on the market
Multi Angle Seat Cutting – Rottler’s Precision CNC Ground Fine Grain Carbide Seat Cutting Inserts are available in many different designs to suit customer requirements. Single angle, multi angle or curves and radius shapes are available.
Cutting tools are substantially faster and less expensive than grinding, where a different grinding stone is required for each angle.
Storage Cabinet – Three Drawers and Top Tray allows convenient storage of wide selection of tooling available from Rottler.
Built in Vacuum Tester – For quick checking of valve seats before removing the cylinder head.
360 Degree Rollover Fixture – Provides quick loading and easy access to all sides of the head. Quickly levels head using the micro adjust feature. Clamps onto table firmly for chatter free cutting with extremely accurate concentricity centered by a pedal. Fixture floats on an air cushion for quick, easy setup with both hands. (Optional)
Rigid Machine Construction – Heavy thick wall cast iron machine castings and precision machining during the manufacturing process give excellent chatter free valve seat cutting. Heavy duty cabinet/base extended to the rear for safe handling when machine has to be moved. Recessed toe kick allows more comfortable machine operation.
Light Weight Workhead – The SG9 has a light weight workhead for fast and accurate centering for the minimum concentricity. At the same time, the workhead is heavy duty capable of machining large diameter valve seats.
Spindle Alignment – Pneumatic system controlled by switch aligns spindle vertically to allow UNIPILOT to easily enter valve guide.
Variable Speed Spindle – from 40 to 400 rpm Accurately select specific spindle speeds required for different machining operations. Soft touch buttons and bright digital display allow ease of operation.
Electronic Level – Digital readout for quick, accurate adjustment.
Adjustable Depth Stop
15 Degree Tilt – Spindle tilts up to 15 degrees from vertical in both directions, providing quick alignment on all canted valve cylinder heads. Cuts each seat to the exact same depth – a must for today’s computer controlled engines.
Automatic Spindle Lock Nut – Patented Spindle Locking Nut system offers automatic tightening of tools in spindle. Won’t come loose when cutting. One hand operation pushes tool up and spindle lock nut tightens automatically, ejects tool when loosened.
Large Diameter Spindle – 3.150 inch (80mm) diameter heavy duty spindle assures rigidity for chatter free operation. Outer spindle support bearings are adjustable over the whole length of the bearing area, similar to High Precision Boring Bar design giving decades of use.
- ACTIVE SPINDLE – Spherical Pneumatic
- Automatic Alignment System built into the Spindle for fast location of the pilot into the Valve Guide and Accurate Centering (Patent Pending)
- Touch Screen Control for increased production and memory for settings
- Air Float Work Head with Foot Pedal Control
- Heavy Duty Spindle – Diameter 3.150″ (80mm)
- Hardened and Ground with 8″ (200mm) of hand wheel vertical travel
- Rottler Automatic Tightening and Quick Release
- Spindle Lock Nut System for One Hand Operation for fitting and removing tooling to and from the spindle
- Steering Wheel for Rapid and Fine Feed Mechanism for Precise Spindle Down Feed
- Work head tilts up to 15 degrees in both directions for canted angle valve guides
- Spindle Rotation Speed Infinitely Variable from 50-900RPM with Digital DisplayQuick change of RPM for Low and High by a single push of the bottom on the control panel
- Digital Electronic Level for quick alignment of Valve Guides
- Digital Gage for Depth Control of Spindle Travel.
- 2-piece frame – adjustable for different length heads
- Flexible, compact LED work light mounted on Work Head
- Tool Storage Cabinet with four drawers, mounts on the machine and swivels for ease of use
- Built in Vacuum Tester Kit includes hose and 7 pads
- Cylinder Head Length Capacity in Optional 360 Degree Roll Over Fixture 44″ (1120mm) and 52″(1270mm) with optional fixtures
- Space requirement with Tool Cabinet mounted: length 74″, depth 34″, height 80″ (1880 x 864 x 2032mm)
- Paint Color Code: RAL9002 (Grey White)
- Electrical requirements: 208-240V, 15A, 50/60 Hz, 1PH
- Shipping Weight: 2,700lbs (1225kgs)
- Shipping Dimensions: 39 X 60 X 86″ (991 x 1524 x 2184mm)
MANUALMATIC Touch Screen Control for increased production and memory for settings
|SG9MTS Machine Specifications||American||Metric|
|Travel – Spindle Nose to Table||19.5″||495mm|
|Spindle – Taper||R30 Quick Change with Automatic Lock Nut|
|Spindle – Diameter||3.15″||80mm|
|Spindle – Rotation Speed||40 to 870 RPM|
|Spindle – Motor||2 HP||1.5 Kw|
|Valve Seat Diameter Range||0.550″-3.150″||14-80mm|
|Cylinder Head Dimensions (with 360 degree rollover fixture)||44L x 12W x 6H”||1120L x 304W x 150Hmm|
|Cylinder Head Dimensions (with Parallels)||UnlimitedL x 16W x 5H”||UnlimitedL x 406W x 125Hmm|
|Spindle Travel/Stroke Vertical||7.875″||200mm|
|Workhead Travel Horizontal – Airfloat/Airclamp||43.5″||1105mm|
|Workhead Travel In/Out – Airfloat/Airclamp||3.065″||78mm|
|Workhead Tilt (either side of vertical zero)||15 Degrees|
|Roll Fixture Movement In/Out with Clamp||4.5″||115mm|
|Maximum Distance from Parallels to Spindle||13.312″||338mm|
|Dimensions – Machine||39D x 60W x 86″ H||991D x 1524W x 2184mm H|
|Dimensions – Shipping||40D x 60W x 86″ H||1016D x 1524W x 2184mm H|
|Machine Weight||2875 lbs||1304 kg|
|Electrical Requirements||208-240V, 15A, 50/60Hz, 1Ph|
|Air Requirements||4 cfm @ 90 psi||l/min @ 6 bar|
|Paint Color Code||RAL9002 (Grey White)|